India Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026
India Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
The Indian defense modernization programs have historically been fueled by the need to maintain a robust deterrence capability to dissuade hostile countries from threatening its sovereign territory. Indian territorial disputes with neighboring China and Pakistan have continued to spur defense spending over the historic period. Having fought armed conflicts with China in 1962 and with Pakistan in 1965, 1971, and 1999 India has been compelled to maintain robust defense posture to discourage adversaries from engaging in military campaigns. Indian defense expenditure including pensions increased from US$58.3 billion in 2021 to US$63.4 billion in 2021, recording a CAGR of 2.12%. The sluggish growth registered over the historic period is a reflection of economic constraints which have impacted resource availability due to erosion in currency exchange rates. However, with the Indian economy showing signs of recovery the country's defense expenditure is anticipated to increase from US$69.6 billion in 2022 to US$82.1 billion in 2026, reflecting a CAGR of 4.21%.
This report offers detailed analysis of India defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
- Hostile relationship with neighbors China and Pakistan drives the need for defense modernization initiatives
- India's broad ranging defense modernization programs to address increasing obsolecence in Indian military's equipment inventory will continue to fuel defense budget over the forecast period.
- The Indian government has embarked upon ambitious defense modernization program to phase out obselete defense equipment and is also in the process of embracing new-generation warfare strategies such as net-centric warfare. As such India has initiated a broad ranging overhaul of defense capabilities to develop appropriate technologies in the net-centric eco-system.
- Driven by the need to finance India's defense acquisition spending is anticipated to grow from US$17.4 billion in 2021 to reach US$24.7 billion by 2026.
Who Should Buy
- Defence Startups, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
- The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
- The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- India defense budget: detailed analysis of India FY2021 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of India military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of India military regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to India are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country?s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the India defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the India defense market over the next five years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the India market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the India defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the India government
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
Frequently Asked Questions ?